A dummy ticket as we call it is not a fake ticket. It’s a verifiable flight reservation made in your name for your visa application. Such a dummy ticket can be used for any visa application. In this article, I will introduce, review and provide a step-by-step guide to one of the dummy ticket providers out there called dummyticket.com.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is dummyticket.com?
- Why you should use dummyticket.com for your visa application?
- Why you should prefer dummyticket.com over others?
- What was my personal experience with dummyticket.com?
- Steps to get a dummy ticket for visa application using dummyticket.com
What is dummyticket.com?
Dummyticket.com is an online agency in the business of providing flight reservations for visa applications. You can get a dummy ticket for any visa application using dummyticket.com for just $19. The booking process is super easy and only takes 2 minutes to place the order. You can pay for your order using PayPal or a credit card.
Flight tickets ordered on dummyticket.com work for all visa applications. They are usually valid for 2-3 weeks depending on how far in advance you are booking them. All tickets come with a PNR number and are verifiable on the airline website.
Why you should use dummyticket.com for your visa application?
Most of us usually book our flight tickets on an airline website or through a flight booking engine such as Skyscanner. Flight tickets booked this way tend to be either non-refundable and refundable. These tickets work great for your visas too, but there are some problems with them.
- Most flight tickets are non-refundable: The flight tickets that we all usually book on airline websites are non-refundable. If you cancel such a ticket because of your visa refusal, you will lose the entire money you have paid for your ticket. Sometimes you have to pay a penalty or fees to get a refund. And these penalties and fees can be up to 30-50% of the fare.
- Refundable tickets are expensive, and can take weeks for a refund: Some airlines offer refundable options for their flight tickets. But these are 3-5 times the regular price. Imagine, your flight ticket costs $1,000 and you will have to pay $5,000 for a refundable ticket? When you cancel such a ticket, it can take weeks to get the refund. How many of us have that kind of money and can wait that long?
For the above reasons, most embassies and consulates do not recommend purchasing flight tickets prior to your visa approval. They know that you cannot get a refund for your flight ticket if your visa is refused. And they don’t want to be held accountable either.
They recommend submitting a flight reservation, not a confirmed flight ticket. A flight reservation is just a reservation held in your name in the airline’s system. If you want, you can pay for your ticket and have it confirmed once your visa is approved. But you don’t have to. The reservation will be automatically dropped after a certain period of time.
Dummyticket.com is an agency that reserves flight tickets for you, called dummy tickets, which you can use for your visa applications. The reservation will stay valid for 2-3 weeks and will be dropped automatically. You pay $19 for such a flight reservation. If your visa is approved, great! Your investment was $19. If your visa is refused, you only lose $19.
Why you should prefer dummyticket.com over others?
There are many websites out there providing dummy tickets for visas. But there are numerous reasons why you should prefer dummyticket.com over others. Here are some of the reasons.
- Oldest and largest: Founded in 1990, dummyticket.com is the oldest, largest and one of the first agencies in providing dummy tickets for visas.
- Available 24/7: They have worldwide presence with headquarters in London and operations in New York, Dubai, Bangalore and Manila (opening soon). This ensures them available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Supports all major currencies and payment options: They supports all major currencies – USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, INR and PHP and supports paying with debit/credit cards and PayPal.
- Supports multiple ways to contact: Wherever you are located, you can contact them any time of the day by phone, email, Whatsapp or chat on their website. They have multi-lingual staff as well.
- Tickets valid for 2-3 weeks: Flight tickets for visas are usually valid for 2-3 weeks depending on how far in advance you purchase them. All tickets are verifiable on the airline website.
- Offers many additional services: Not only flight tickets for visas, they also offer flight tickets for proof of onward travel, flight tickets with e-ticket numbers, past dated flight tickets, hotel bookings and insurance for visas.
What was my personal experience with dummyticket.com?
I have been using dummyticket.com for my visas for a while now. Their service has been good so far and the tickets always remained valid until my visas came through.
I have requested to expedite my order sometimes and they obliged quickly. I received the tickets within minutes.
My only complaint is that the order form needs some revamping. Especially the “From City” and “To City” should support auto-predict/auto-complete just like in the flight booking engines, so it would be less prone to errors.
Steps to get a dummy ticket for visa application using dummyticket.com
- Go to dummyticket.com
- Change the currency to your desired currency
- Click on the “BUY TICKET” button (*You can find the BUY TICKET button at multiple places on the website)
You will be taken to the “dummy ticket booking” page.
02. Dummy ticket booking
Select the following.
- Choose the correct option [Comment: Select “Dummy Ticket for Visa Application” from the options]
- Dummy Ticket for Visa Application
- Dummy return ticket
- Dummy hotel booking
- Dummy ticket and hotel
- Past dated ticket
Enter the following in the “Passenger details” section.
- Passenger First name [Comment: Enter your first/given name as it appears in your passport]
- Passenger Last name [Comment: Enter your surname/last name as it appears in your passport]
- Date of birth [Comment: Enter your date of birth as it appears in your passport]
- Sex [Comment: Enter your sex]
- Order Notes (Additional information) [Comment: You can add any additional info here especially if you need the tickets urgently, to avoid a certain airline, stopover, etc.]
If you have a middle name in your passport, then enter your first name and middle name together in the “Passenger First name” field.
If you have additional passengers, select the following.
- Add more passengers [Comment: Select this option if you need to add more passengers to your ticket]
Enter the following in the “Additional passengers” section.
- Number of additional passengers [Comment: Select how many additional passengers you would like to add to your ticket]
- I’m the only traveler
- add 1 more passenger (100%)
- add 2 more passengers (200%)
- add 3 more passengers (300%)
- add 4 more passengers (400%)
Enter the following in “Second passenger details”.
- Passenger First name [Comment: Enter the additional passenger’s first/given name as it appears in their passport]
- Passenger Last name [Comment: Enter the additional passenger’s surname/last name as it appears in their passport]
- Date of birth [Comment: Enter the additional passenger’s date of birth as it appears in their passport]
- Sex [Comment: Enter the additional passenger’s sex as it appears in their passport]
- Passenger Type (optional) [Comment: Select if the additional passenger is adult, child or infant]
Enter the following in the “Travel details” section.
- Choose option [Comment: Select if you are purchasing a one way or a round trip ticket]
- One way
- Round trip
- From city/origin [Comment: Enter the departure city in the format “city, country”]
- To city/origin [Comment: Enter the arrival city in the format “city, country”]
- Departure date [Comment: Enter the departure date]
- Return date (optional) [Comment: Enter the return date. Applicable only if purchasing round trip ticket]
- Additional notes (optional) [Comment: Any additional information such as preferred airline, airline to avoid, stop over to avoid, etc.]
- What is the dummy ticket for? (optional) [Comment: Select “Visa” from the list]
- Proof of return
- Expedite passport renewal
- Visa extension
- Office work place needs it
- Prank a friend
Enter the following in the “Delivery options” section.
- Visa interview/appointment date (optional) [Comment: No need to enter anything here unless you have a visa appointment coming up and you need your tickets before that]
- How will you like to receive the dummy ticket (optional) [Comment: Select “Email” or “Both”]
Enter the following in the “Billing details” section.
- Billing name (optional) [Comment: Enter your full name only if paying by debit/credit card and it must match with the name on your card]
- Phone [Comment: Enter your phone number so you can receive the ticket on Whatsapp as well as any calls from the customer service]
- Email address [Comment: Enter your email address where you would like to receive your ticket]
- Street address [Comment: Enter your street address. *It needs to match with the address on your card if paying by debit/credit card]
- Country [Comment: Enter your country. *It needs to match with the address on your card if paying by debit/credit card]
- Town/city [Comment: Enter your city. *It needs to match with the address on your card if paying by debit/credit card]
- State/county [Comment: Enter your state. *It needs to match with the address on your card if paying by debit/credit card]
- Postcode/ZIP [Comment: Enter your postal or zip code. *It needs to match with the address on your card if paying by debit/credit card]
Select your “Payment” Option – Paypal or Debit/Credit Card.
If you prefer to pay using Paypal, select the “Paypal” option and click on the “Proceed to PayPal” button.
You will be taken to PayPal login. Once you login into your PayPal account and complete your payment, you will be brought back to the order confirmation page.
Debit/Credit Card Payment
If you prefer to pay using a debit/credit card, select the “Debit/Credit Card Payment” option, enter your debit/credit card details and click on the “Place order” button.
After a second or so, you will be taken to the order confirmation page.
03. Order confirmation
Quickly glance over your order confirmation page to make sure all the details are correct. If you see any discrepancies, contact customer service right away either by chat, phone, email or Whatsapp.
You will also receive an email confirming your order. Again, check the details in your email and contact them if you see any discrepancies.
04. Receive flight ticket
Within the next 6-24 hours, you will receive your flight ticket via email. In most instances, you will receive your ticket within a few minutes.
Check your inbox. When you receive the email, download your flight ticket. Check the details on your ticket to make sure everything is correct and the way you wanted it.
Verify the flight ticket on the airline website as well to make sure all the details are correct.
Contact the customer service if you need any of the following
– To expedite your order so you can get your tickets right away
– If you need additional details on your ticket such as price, etc.
There you go, folks! Now you know how to get a dummy ticket for your visa application using dummyticket.com. They are quite attentive, customer-oriented and I have been using them for my own visas. I’m sure they will not disappoint you either. If you have any questions, leave a comment below.
I’m a customer of dummyticket.com and I have been using them for my visas for a while now. I have thoroughly tested their service and the validity of tickets. This article is not sponsored by them in any way, although I have an affiliate partnership with them.